Shake Roofs Vancouver WA
Wood shakes have been used on homes for hundreds of years throughout North America. Their natural beauty adds curb appeal and protection to the home, making it a favorite among homeowners of all kinds. Whether it’s a historic home or something more modern, shake roofs are an environmentally friendly option for customers that are looking for a roof that can offer superior protection for decades.
Shake roofs have a variety of advantages including:
- Resilience: Shake roofs are resistant to insects, UV rays, and moisture and easily adapt to varied climates as we have in the Pacific Northwest. With its resistance to various elements, shake roofs are a preferred choice over other roofing materials.
- Durability: Wood shakes are long-lasting, often lasting years longer than other traditional roofing materials. They can withstand heavy winds and are strong enough to withstand severe storms.
- Insulation: Wood shake shingles are a natural insulator, meaning they can help save you money on heating and cooling costs throughout the year. Say goodbye to wasted energy and say hello to outstanding energy efficiency and reduced utility bills.
- Environmentally friendly: Wood shakes are sourced from natural, renewable resources, making them an environmentally friendly choice for your home. Wood shakes are biodegradable, too.
- Aesthetics: Shake roofs provide a natural and timeless look that will enhance your home’s exterior beauty and will look even better as they age. When properly maintained, they will keep that pleasing look throughout their lifespan.
Other Cedar Shingle Considerations
When taken care of with annual maintenance or service, a cedar roof can last nearly 30 years. Because no two hand-split cedar wood shingles are perfectly alike, installation can take a little longer to make sure the seams are covered and that the shingles aren’t damaged in any way.
Shake roofing cost is also higher than some other types of shingles because of their unique properties. However, just as with any type of roofing – from asphalt shingles to metal roofing – seriously think about using a professional contractor for your roofing project. This is even more true with cedar shake because of its unique design.
Work With Professionals
Warner Roofing and Construction has been installing roofing systems, re-roofing homes, and installing gutters, skylights, and solar tubes in the Clark County area since 1992. We understand the weather conditions in the Pacific Northwest and have experience working on roofs throughout the year.
We feel that gives us a leg up on those national companies that maybe don’t understand what it takes to work in our area of the world. Why is that so important? If any type of roof isn’t properly installed, small leaks will turn into big problems. You can trust the experience of Warner Roofing and Construction and our unsurpassed customer service will make sure the surrounding area is as clean as it was when we showed up to the job site.
We believe that a stable, durable roofing system is one of the most important parts of a home, and we are confident in our superior quality workmanship. Our roofing specialists have the experience you need to complete your roofing installation project that will stand the test of time. No matter how big or small your home, we are committed to exemplary customer service, each step of the way.
Warner Roofing & Construction is licensed, bonded, and insured and we are standing by to help answer any questions you have about your shake roof installation or roof replacement! Not sure if a shake roof is right for you? Contact us today to find out more about shake roofs or to schedule an appointment for a free home estimate!